Reaching Toward the Future
The AACUC has developed this Internship program to promote awareness and opportunities for African American students attending colleges and universities of the benefits of working in a credit union environment. We are seeking students majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Computer Science, that currently hold a minimum of a C+ average. The rate of pay is $9.50 - $12 per hour, determined by the region. The internships will last 8– 10 weeks during the Summer.
Features and Benefits
The students that participate in this program will glean practical experience in a variety of ways that will enhance their ability to market themselves upon graduation. You will form relationships that will benefit youprofessionally and personally. You will learn various aspects of the inner workings of credit unions (i.e., loans, deposits, investing and marketing). It is the goal of this program that the students will gain enough practical experience within a credit union that they will be able to apply for management and other staff positions in credit unions after graduation.
Students in this program will have access to:
- Mentoring from high profile seasoned credit unionprofessionals
- Exposure to different management techniques
- Information on the credit union movement and the benefits for African Americans
- Information on career progression in the Credit Union Industry
- Opportunities for job placement after graduation
Who can Apply?
College juniors and seniors majoring in Business, Accounting, Marketing, or Computer Science who are currently holding a minimum of a C+ average. Download Criteria and Application Information.
How to Apply:
1. Complete an application– Download Application Here
2. Along with the application, please submit the
- One page narrative of why you want to participate in the program
- A current resume
- Current transcript (Unofficial transcripts are accepted)
- A letter from a college official on your current status as an undergraduate
All applications should be mailed to:
AACUC– Internship Committee
c/o MECU– Attn: Tracey Jackson
PO Box 1612
Shreveport, LA 71165-1612
- Applications will be accepted December 1, 2012 through February 28, 2013.
- Candidate Interviews: April 2013
- Selection Process: April 2013
- Intern Notification: April 2013
- Credit Union Notification: April 2013
After you are selected to be an intern for the AACUC Internship Program, you will then go through a second interview with a Credit Union.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Former AACUC Interns on the move