CTC Conversation Series Videos
The Commitment to Change Conversations Series of virtual conversations create a safe space for AACUC members to have “real talk” on the emotional and psychological impact of current events and how to bring about sustainable change.
Check the Events Calendar for upcoming Commitment to Change Conversations.
Commitment to Change Young Professional Leadership Awards
The African-American Credit Union Coalition (AACUC) presented six inspiring credit union professionals who have exemplified “Bold,” “Mindful” and “Brave” leadership in helping eradicate racism throughout the credit union industry and advancing AACUC’s mission with the inaugural Commitment to Change Young Professional Leadership Awards presented by Visa on June 17, 2022 during a virtual ceremony. The honorees – all AACUC members – were:
• Latonya Allen, Director of Consumer Lending and Marketing, Government Printing Office Federal Credit Union
• Maricela Castillo, Research Specialist, Multicultural Business Strategy, CUNA Mutual Group
• Ben Herring, Director of Engagement, Minnesota Credit Union Network
• Kelli Holloway, Senior Vice President, Outreach, State Employees’ Credit Union
• Chrystal Hunter, Training and Events Manager, MD DC Credit Union Association
• Jamar Jemison, Video Editor, Credit Union National Association
• Hazelmae Overturf, Product Owner, Collaborate (Employee Experience), BECU
Pandemic Habits That Stick
Inspired by the CUInsight article "Don't Hurry Up to Hurry Back," our Commitment to Change Conversation panelists shared their insights and experiences on habits, lifestyles and changes stemmed from the pandemic that should still be considered today to affect change while managing the well-being of our organizations and team members.
Our esteemed panelists included:
- Dohnia Dorman, Chief Experience Officer, African-American Credit Union Coalition
- Ashley Franklin, Vice President Branch Operations, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Juan Fernandez, President/CEO, Credit Union Association of New Mexico
- Ed Presnell, Regional Business Executive, Peach State Federal Credit Union
Brandi Stankovic, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Strategy Officer for CU Solutions Group, moderated the panel.
Out of the Box Thinking about Financial Literacy
Our esteemed panelists included:
· Kelli Holloway, Senior Vice President Outreach, State Employees’ Credit Union of North Carolina
· Miranda Pierfax, Training Manager, USC Credit Union
· Sarah Trela, Financial Well-Being Director, SEFCU
· Tesha Wheeler, Youth Outreach Coordinator, DC Credit Union
· Celeste Zibelli, Vice President Marketing & Financial Services, Water and Power Community Credit Union
Emma Hayes, AACUC Chief Diversity Officer and Chief Culture Officer for State Employees' Credit Union of North Carolina (SECU), moderated the panel.
Extraordinary Women in Leadership
· Whiteny Anderson-Harrell, President/CEO, Elements Financial
· Priscilla Awkard, Vice President Teller Center, Coastal CU
· Erin Coleman, Senior Director Advisory Services, Filene Research Institute
· Dayatra "Day" Matthews, Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel, Local Government FCU
Moderated by Monica Belz, President/CEO, Kauai FCU
AACUC's Impact: Past, Present and Future
· Retired President/CEO of MECU Credit Union Bert J. Hash, Jr.
· AACUC President/CEO Renée Sattiewhite
· AACUC Chief Experience Officer Dohnia Dorman
Moderated by AACUC Chairman Larry Sewell
· Allie L. Braswell, Jr., VP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, VyStar CU
· Bill Cheney, President/CEO, SchoolsFirst FCU
· Kevin Martin, Sr. VP Organizational Performance & Strategic Planning, SchoolsFirst FCU
Moderated by Emma Hayes, AACUC Chief Diversity Officer and Director of Learning and Development, Local Government FCU