The Mentorship Program seeks to provide professional guidance and support to AACUC Members.
Basic Guidelines for Mentors and Mentees
AACUC’s Mentorship Program provides professional guidance and career support to AACUC Members. Members can participate to share their aspirations as a Mentee or share their experience as a Mentor. The 7-month program provides one-on-one development and networking, and each Mentor and Mentee are strategically matched based on their unique goals for the best possible experience.
Program Overview and Guidelines
At least one meeting every three weeks
Virtual sessions – mentor and mentee determine format
Mentee and Mentor check-in and group sessions
Confidentiality amongst participants
- Provide a reciprocal learning and networking relationship
- Facilitate mentees’ opportunities to build leadership and management skills
- Offer the mentor an opportunity to reflect upon their professional journey and experiences
- Provide mentors the satisfaction of sharing their professional wisdom with others
- Enhance professional development and become involved with AACUC
- Lead to the development of lifelong friendships